2CONGRATS CLASS OF 2022!
Here's some of the information you need so you don't miss a thing for your Senior Yearbook!
First: Senior Portraits
HOW IT WORKS:
During the summer before your senior year. Ralf's Photography will EMAIL you an appointment time and all the associated information for your senior portrait. They will also contact you to follow up in regards to selecting the photo you would like specifically earmarked for yearbook. YOU must take it upon yourself to be sure that the email address on file at Mira Costa High School is one that is checked frequently and is accurate. Ralf will receive the list of emails from the school and this is what will be used to contact you.
Please contact Ralf's Photography for purchasing your senior package. Yearbook staff is not responsible and has no control over appointment times for senior portraits that are set by Ralf's Photography. Any questions you may have about the process must be directed to Ralf's Photography.
Phone: (310) 322-0069
658 W. Acacia Ave.
El Segundo, CA 90245
(Corner of Acacia Ave & Hillcrest Street - Entrance to studio is on Hillcrest Street)
Tuesday - Thursday 10:00 - 1:00 & 2:00 - 6:00
Friday 10:00 - 1:00 & 2:00 - 5:00
Saturday By Appointment Only
Tips to making sure your photo is in the book!
- Watch for emails from Ralf's Photography for appointment times during the summer months to take your portrait. He will send you all the necessary information on what to bring with you and tips and tricks for taking a successful senior portrait.
- Please let them know ASAP if you will be out of town during your assigned appointment time and reschedule before the NOVEMBER 1 DEADLINE.
- After you receive your proofs from Ralf, tell Ralf which photo you want in the yearbook. If you do not choose one on time, then Ralf will select one for you.
- The yearbook staff does not reserve any spaces for seniors. At the deadline, Ralf sends all of the portraits he's taken to us, we send them to our publishing company, Walsworth, which then formats the portraits for our yearbook spreads, and then we as a staff "flow" them onto our pages based on the NUMBER OF PHOTOS, NOT THE NUMBER OF SENIORS IN THE CLASS. This is a long process and therefore requires all parties to be efficient, communicative, and reliable.
- We as a yearbook staff have evaluated our practices over the past years and will work to be as communicative as possible, however the responsibility is on the SENIOR to have their photograph taken or to communicate with Hoofprints.